Charles Schulz Philosophy—You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just read the following straight through, and you’ll get the point.
1) Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2) Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
3) Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1) List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2) Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
3) Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
Easier? The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care.