Do You Have A Mentor
Most successful people can point to at least one mentor who helped guide them down a particular path and/or someone who helped navigate them through difficult situations. Do you have someone like that in your life? This does not mean, necessarily, someone who provides you with answers, but perhaps someone who poses the right questions for you to ponder so that you can draw your own conclusions. Regardless of your position in the workplace, a mentor can help you achieve peak performance and success in life overall.
When choosing a mentor look for the following characteristics:
- Someone you trust and respect
- Someone with greater experience and knowledge than you
- One whose personal style is compatible with your needs
- Someone other than your immediate manager or supervisor
- A person with a flexible and progressive management style